10/9/09

Banners, Amongst Other Things

Our theme for Homecoming is "A Night On Broadway," and as such, we chose a musical that would represent our grade. Since Student Council decided to hog all the popular musicals, we ended up choosing "West Side Story." Though our banner had a rough (and slow) start, with the help of the rest of the class officers and a couple point-seeking friends, we managed to make it in the end: after much hard work (as well as plenty of fooling around), our freshmen class banner is finally finished. Actually, I'm quite surprised that the end result turned out so... decent.

Being a class officer (I'm Treasurer) is tough work. Just for the record I'll put down a little common rumor: As Treasurer, you are not entirely in charge of the money or counting the revenues and whatnot. Heck, I don't even know how much money we have in our class funds (but I do know that we are no longer in debt!). The 5 class officers all just share the duties, and the only officer who really has a specific job would probably be the Historian, who takes all the pictures (but truthfully we haven't taken very many yet). It's an implied duty to be present at EVERY single event, but although the responsibility is huge, it's actually quite good to know that I'm accomplishing something for my class. Even as I type this, I realize that we have a Powderpuff meeting this Sunday (yes, that's a weekend day) to choreograph and finalize the act. Finalizing... at their first rehearsal. In case you didn't know, Powderpuff day is basically when the roles of the men and women are reversed-- the girls play football, and the guys do cheers. Yes, imagine a bunch of guys in cheerleading uniforms chanting encouragement to the female football players. It'll be great, except for one teensy problem...

We have a total of 3 participating guys, and a bunch of overzealous girl choreographers.

Way to support your class, guys.

Anyway, I also just realized that it is 15 minutes to midnight and I have piano lessons first thing tomorrow morning. Whoops... But on the bright side, I only have to keep this blogging thing up for one more day...!

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Hooray for banner making! Even if I didn't really do much. The end result was pretty amazing - we definitely beat all of the other classes. No doubt.

Thank you for updating!

Jill said...

Hm... That's very... interesting. Lol, I wish I could be there, seeing the guys in cheerleading uniforms.