10/7/09

3 Tips When Typing an Assignment...

1. Always, always, ALWAYS ALWAYS NEVER NOT SAVE YOUR WORK PERIODICALLY.
(When I say periodically, I mean every 2 minutes as if you're a paranoid schizophrenic)
2. Make sure that u dont randomly add ch4tsp33k into your essays. Teachers hate it. Not that I would evar do something liek dat...
3. Play Typer Shark. It'll improve your average wpm. (I swear, that's how I got my 120 wpm!)
4. Just kidding about number 3.

So you probably want to know the reason why I'm offering such helpful advice without a request first (as you know, I usually don't readily spew my vast knowledge to just any ol' person... Ahahaha, no. Just kidding, again. Why am I writing this all in parentheses? Oh well, probably just another subconscious effort to make this post longer). Well let's just say I had, oh, an assignment for school in which I had to type an entire email in French. As is obvious, French is not my first language. Heck, it's not even my second or third. (Sarcasm is my third language, obviously) Yes, that means it takes a great deal of effort to type in said language, especially when you want to throw in all the proper accents.

Of course, I spent a good 30 or so minutes working on this email, hoping that my French pen pal would appreciate that I typed more than two sentences, as mostly everyone else in my class did. Proud of my work, I hastily clicked the "send" button... and just as the thought of "Gee, I should really copy and paste this entire email into a word document, just in case..." crossed my mind...


The page refreshed.

And my session timed out.

Meaning I had lost all of my work.

At this point I was ready to smash my desk in half with my forehead. The only place I had written this email was, of course, on my email processor. Naturally they had the "save as draft" function, which again, I was careless enough to not use. So guess what I had to do?

...Yep, type the whole darn thing over again. What a great way to spend another 20 minutes (which according to my schedule, should have been used for math homework).

So the moral of this story is? Always save your work before you do anything else, folks!

P.S. Day *4* of unofficial blogging week. More than halfway there now...! Sorry for such late updates.

3 comments:

Jill said...

Wow, Alicia, wow...

Well, at least you DID update (cough cough Alex...).

Anyway, I'm sure your pen pal will be very happy with your email =).

My word verification: quill (surprisingly, it's a realy word this time!)

Claudia de Lavalle said...

YOU HAVE A PEN PAL??? I WANT A PEN PAL! LUCKY

Jill, seriously, you have sooo much time on your hands. lol youre sooooo lucky.

Unknown said...

Oh! I have a number 3 (5?):

FOLLOW THE INSTRUCTIONS. Maybe it goes without saying, but there's bound to be others like myself who are stupid and need their common sense force-fed to them.

I wonder when we'll find out about our penpals?